Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Start spreading the news...


Before I spread the news I should do a recap of my week, as I haven't posted in a few days.


Well, last Thursday, I went shopping in the afternoon and invited N to come with me as it was Friends and Family Weekend! My good friends at Banana Republic still remember to send me an invite, but this year it includes the sister stores, Gap and Old Navy. Unfortunately, there's only an Old Navy in Crudbury (not even a Gap!!! WTF!!!). Anyway, bought a couple things (not much) after we had a stop at Starbucks for some cool treats. It finally got sunny after it started to rain, and of course it only started to rain when we were waiting at the bus stop.


After that, we parted ways - N went to her last class for the summer and I went to go pick up my ticket for my trip back to Toronto. After getting it, I decided to check out the new and ONLY Thai restaurant in town. It was pretty decent. Not fabulous, but good enough to go back to, although I suppose they have a monopoly on Thai cuisine there.


Then, I met up with N again in the evening downtown with some friends of hers at the Little Buddha. It's a restaurant with a really nice patio in the back. It sort of reminds me of the Naam with meat dishes in Van City or something like the Green Room in the T-dot. This was my first time actually going out at night, and it didn't start off too well. When I walked in there was this waft of horrible B.O. (not that there's any other kind). It went away, but it might have been one of those things where I just got used to the smell. Anyway, went we went out to the patio, the air was clearer. We found some semi-dry chairs and sat down with N's friends. We had some drinks, a bit of food, and we all just chatted the night away. The people I talked to were really cool and we even got aride home at the end of the night. So, it was very successfull. Really cool people + really cheap drnnks = a great time!


So, it's off to Toronto, but I packed in the morning, cuz I was too lazy after coming home from Little Buddha's. My bus was at 12:45pm, but I actually when into work for a couple hours ( cuz I'm just so dedicated!) and then made my way to the terminal via taxi. I was good and only had an orange juice and a yogurt parfait thing at the Parry Sound McDonald's. I got to Yorkdale a bit later than expected, but did some shopping at the Banana and Gap (not much there, especially at the latter), then I got picked up and had a nice home cooked meal back at my aunt's in Scarborough. Yum!


TENNIS!!! What I came back to Toronto for! We got there and caught a few games before the rain started. So, we decided to throw back a few at Coronaville. But then massive thunderstorm!!! There was so much rain, we could actually see a river form on the pathway. Crazy! But, while others started screaming and running into the tent, we decided to stay outside, protected by our big table umbrella, and our raincoats/ponchos. The great things was the waitress was still serving us and coming out in the rain to do so. So, we took advantage of the service and three rounds later, the sun finally decided to peak through. Just before that though, there was a bit of a break and then people started to walk around again, but then sure enough, the rain started up once more and drenched tennis fans chaotically ran for cover once again.


After all the rain, free milk, yogurt, wine, etc. we actually watched some tennis too. After it was all said and done, Rafael Nadal of Spain (the current #2, but soon to be #1 in the world) won the singles and Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic of Canada and Serbia, respectively, won the Doubles, solidifying their hold as the #1 doubles team so far this year. So, it was definitely a good idea to come back to Toronto for the weekend for tennis. Even though I didn't get to see Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer, it was a satisfying weekend.


On Monday, I went into work at Toronto Rehab and had a meeting. It went really well ( i was a bit nervous, as we were gonna get feedback on our field notes so far), but it went well. I got a lot of praise for my narrative style and a few pointers on how to make them even that much better. Yes! After work, I caught up with my soci crew for dinner and a movie. We went to Baldwin St. for some Chinese. I felt that I should have some good, authentic Chinese food, since all I've seen in Sudbury so far are those big Chinese buffet restaurants, and if they're anything like I had in other small cities in semi-rural Canada, aren't really gonna satisfy my palette.


After some dins, and a pint at the the bar inside Paramount, we went to watch Dark Knight. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! So good. People kept on telling how great it was and I thought all the high expectations might not be met. I was wrong! I totally get all the Heath Ledger Oscar buzz. he was perfect! Great plot, great visuals, great EVERYTHING! Christopher Nolan is amazing...this was even better than Memento. Then, it was a quick stop at Jess' before I went off to the bus terminal for my 1am bus. I ended up sleeping the whole way pretty much. I didn't even get up at our rest stop, even though it was at Nobel this time instead of Parry Sound. I got back at 5:45am, had a quick nap and then off to work for a 10am appointment.


So, I had a pretty good few days. Since quite a few people were asking me about it, I was actually gonna post tonight to let everyone know that I hadn't heard back from Theatre Cambrian yet...until tonight...


I'M IN!!! I got a mass e-mail a couple of hours ago saying that I got a role and that we'll be having our first meeting/rehearsal on Thursday. So, I don't know what songs will be included in the concert, or what songs I'll be singing, or if I have a solo or anything, but I'll hopefully find out most of those answers on Thursday. I was thinking that they were gonna being asses and not letting me know at all, even though I specifically asked if they'd let us either way. The auditions were over a week ago, so I figures they must have made a decision already.


Anyway, I update y'all on what happens on Thursday. It's exciting! I haven't performed in such a long time!!! It's been over two years since I've done anything, so I'm a bit nervous, but excited. Hopefully everyone's cool and fun, cuz this will be a chance to get to know some more people in town. So, The Best of Broadway 2 Concert will be happening sometime in October. I think there'll be 2 performances the week after Thanksgiving. I'll confirm that for anyone who wants to come up to Sudbury and see me!


Ok, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Cheryl Anne said...

Wow, what an awesome weekend!

Congrats on getting a part....that's sooo cool! I wish I could be there! Don't count on a surprise: I can't fly after mid-September. :(

Woo hoo!