Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Picture it, Sicily...


I was actually not gonna blog tonight, as I had a really busy day at work, and have an early and even more busy day tomorrow, but...


Estelle Getty a.k.a. Sophia Petrillo from The Golden Girls passed away today at the age of 84.


This is really sad...as you can probably tell from reading my blog, I loved GG, ever since I watched it as a child. Rest in peace, Sophia.


P.S.


I'm not sure how many of you know this, but Estelle Getty was actually NOT the oldest. In fact, she was the second youngest on the show. Betty White and Bea Arthur were born in 1922, while Estelle was born in 1923, and finally Rue McClanahan in 1934. GG is only one of 3 sitcoms to have all the main actors win Emmy awards and Estelle was the only one of the four to win a Golden Globe.


No comments: