Monday, August 25, 2008

The Colympics


I must apologize AGAIN for the delay in coloblogging. My excuse: the Olympics. The Olympics were consuming my life. And many of you may know that I have to watch sports live, or else feel that the outcome may not be as favourable. It's kind of psychotic, but I feel that if I watch it as it's happening, my rooting and cheering makes a difference. Anyway…cut to me waking up at 3:30 in the morning to watch Canadians NOT wins medals! But that didn't deter me from watching, which is good cuz we finally started hauling them in by the end. I would come home from rehearsal, or tennis, and by the time I'd get home, it would be morning in Beijing, so it's just when events are about to start. So, of course I got wrapped up in the Michael Phelps run for 8 gold medals, the amazingness of gymnastics, lightning-quick Usain Bolt (pun intended), etc. But because I'd be up late, or wake up in the middle of the night, it totally screwed up my sleeping schedule, so… I'd have to nap right after work and before rehearsal, have a quick dinner, head downtown for rehearsal at 6:30pm and then get home by 10:30/11 o'clock, watch Olympics and then the whole cycles starts again.

So, that explains my delay in blogging. Work, nap, rehearsal/tennis, Olympics. That's pretty much all I've been doing. And somehow, I was able to squeeze in some gym time too =) Yes, I've actually been going to the gym – I'm just as surprised as you are. But things have been going well. Every now and then a group of us would grab a drink (or two) after rehearsal, or we'd go out on the weekend, so I've been able to have somewhat of a social life, despite the Olympics. And work is great too, so can't complain.

Also, I'll be going back to Toronto for Labour Day Weekend. It might actually be the last time I go back to Toronto before I finish go back after I'm done doing my baseline research here at the hospital. I may not even have a chance to go back for Thanksgiving cuz it's the weekend right before the show, so that means it's tech weekend. For you non-theatre people, tech weekend = boringness. That's when you have to go through every single lighting and sound cue for the show. By the way, the run of the show will be Oct 14 – 18, with a matinee on the Friday and Saturday. 7 shows in 5 days, singing 40+ songs, is gonna be tough! Anyway, this weekend should be fun. Not sure what I'll be doing specifically, but I'll just be hangin' with my friends and family. It'll also give me a chance to switch out part of my wardrobe to get some warmer things as we're gonna be getting into fall weather soon.

So, that's pretty much it. If I went into specifics from the last 2 weeks, I'd be writing until finger cramped up. I'll try to update a bit more frequently, which is more plausible now that the Olympics are over. However, the US Open starts today (which I'm watching right now) and in September, we're gonna be up to 4 rehearsals a week. Well…I'll try not to disappoint.

1 comment:

Cheryl Anne said...

Thanks for the update!

I think I'll try and still give you a call anyways!

:)