Wednesday, August 27, 2008

40-Love...


...well, more like 50 or 60-Love.

I just had to do a quick post about tennis last night. I was very pleased – I ended up winning half of my matches, played pretty well, blah, blah, blah…

Anyway (and this is where the real story begins), after tennis was over, 4 of us (me and 3 others) went for a drink. I didn’t really want to at first, but the place we were going to was close to where I live, so it’d be better than taking the bus since I’d be able to get a ride. Anyway, these guys are too funny. I’d say they’re at least in their late 50’s; one of them may be a bit older and a couple of them are retired. Really nice guys, but man…these are some dirty old men! But, I mean that in a funny way, not in the creepy way. Two of them are divorced, although I think one of the two has had at least two divorces. And the third guy is currently married, but on his third wife. So here I am, this 25-year old guy drinking beer and shelling free peanuts (and at this place you actually just throw the shells onto the floor), talking about where the best spots are to pick up older women! Don’t get me wrong – I had a great time! But it was just funny hearing them talk about which places have the 35+ women and which have the 50+ crowd. It started with one of them talking about how some of the past tennis champions still looked really good, like Gabriella Sabatini and Chris Evert, but then the conversation quickly turned to where they can meet women. Anyway, I just had to recount this short little anecdote. I had a good time, shared some laughs, ate some free peanuts, got a ride home – hopefully we can do it again

No comments: