Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So much rehearsing, so little time


Opening Night is one week tonight. Enough said.


It's basically rehearsals everyday, but not trying to over-do it cuz we have to save our voices (as well as try to stay healthy, which is proving to be very difficult as it is) for our 7 shows in 5 days, which is even harder to do by the end of the run because we have matinees and evening shows on the Friday and Saturday.


We're still doing some changes, reworking some things, polishing stuff, etc. But it's coming along. We go into the actual theatre we'll be performing in on Thursday. The Sudbury Star came in today to take some shots of us, so it seems like we're getting some good advertising in the community. Also, a bunch of people from the hospital are organizing a whole gang to come on closing night, as well as a bunch of friends from Toronto/Ottawa.


I still have to figure out what we're gonna be doing when they get here. I know we have dinner reservations for the hospital folk and my out-of-towners before they all see the show on Saturday. Then after the show I have to strike the set, and then meet up with them again at a bar/lounge/club place downtown, and then make my way after to the official cast party. I'll probably collapse by Sunday. Plus, I'll have to figure plans with my peeps when they get in on Friday night, what we're gonna do in the morning on Saturday, and the plan for Sunday.


I don't want this to sound like complaining at all. I'm so thankful and honestly feel lucky to have such a supportive network. This is me just trying to organize my thoughts so I know what I have to think about over the next week...on top of my lyrics, my harmonies, my blocking, my choreo, and my WORK. Dammit! I still have to work all next week too!


Well, I know all this hard work and effort is worth it in the end. I hope the show goes well, and I have full confidence that everyone is gonna love it. Having my sanity and my health at the end of it all is another story, but there's no "I" in "Broadway". Okay, I don't know if that made sense, so it's obviously time for me to sleep.

1 comment:

Cheryl Anne said...

Break a leg, J!

You should blog more and stop talking, to preserve your voice! :)

Thanks for the update!